Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Who Really Cares?

Always quick to quip, "Who cares?," I realize that I care. About almost everything. Too much.

Insert your cliche here:

Choose your battles. Let sleeping dogs lie. Leave well enough alone.

Everything hurts my feelings and I have come to realize that most of my behavior that isn't exemplary comes from perceived slight. I saw something yesterday that I will paraphrase, "Some people are going to love you. Some are going to hate you. It has very little to do with anything that you do."

There certainly seems to be someone angry at me at any given time. I have an annoying habit of wasting time attempting to find out why.

I hope this doesn't read as though I'm so vain that I don't care what anyone thinks of me. I do. It's just that I'm gonna try to put all my energy into doing the best that I can. Love is the only tool and sometimes I have to remind myself of that.


No comments:

Post a Comment