Wednesday, December 17, 2014

You Can Make It If You Try

One more sad holiday. Bah, humbug. All I need is Huey "Piano" Smith's version of Silent Night or maybe the Drifters doing White Christmas. When Clyde McPhatter's verse comes in we all believe in miracles. You know Huey's masterpiece carol with the Clowns was headed to the top of the holiday charts when some busybody radio hack pointed out that Bobby Marchan was clearly singing, "round young virgin." Makes it all the more special if you ask me.

Probably my least favorite holiday song has always been Little Drummer Boy. Then I heard Ray Charles version. Great goodness!

For the past several years I have leaned on Mike Nicolai's classic, Christmas Is For Losers. Makes me feel better about myself.

I love you and I hope all of your holidays are beautiful. Pray for peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment