Monday, December 22, 2014

What A Soundtrack

Looking back, it's been a pretty good life. Lots of comedy. Just a little tragedy. Very little if you don't count heartache. Romance? Well, I'm no Mickey Rooney but the numbers are dumb. The cast has been just the best. If I ever win anything I'll cry my eyes out thanking them all; Mom and Grandma, all the cousins and aunts and uncles. I've had the wonderful fortune of having the best co-workers and bosses that you can imagine. Even my waiters and waitresses have been superb. How about the bit players who spent time in this mess? Elvis, Garlits, Berry.

It's the soundtrack, though, that brings me to my knees. It seems that this old life will have pretty much tracked the trajectory of rock'n'roll, itself. Great goodness!



1 comment:

  1. My life is also a romantic comedy, minus the romance and just me laughing at my own jokes!

    ReplyDelete