Wednesday, July 9, 2014

You're Doin' Fine

Well, I'm off to Oklahoma for the week for the Woody Guthrie Festival in Okemah. Woody, himself, described the place:

Okemah was one of the singinest, square dancingest, drinkingest, yellingest, preachingest, walkingest, talkingest, laughingest, cryingest, shootingest, fist fightingest, bleedingest, gamblingest, gun, club and razor carryingest of our ranch towns and farm towns, because it blossomed into one of our first Oil Boom Towns.

Seems the little town has finally embraced our hero now. Took awhile. It's hard to ignore most of what Woody preached in this day and age.

I'll be there preaching my own brand of salvation so you'll have a little break from it here. Honestly, my only worry is that I'm not anybody's good memory. I love you.



No comments:

Post a Comment