Sunday, March 9, 2014

Ones That Got Away

Lots of my favorite memories are shows with the folks who haven't made the history books or maybe even Wikipedia. Some of them were big and the flash just didn't hop up. Most of them should be legends.

The Gentrys. What nice guys and what great records. Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels. Wow. Just mention them to anyone from Detroit. Dave Marsh claims that he missed Woodstock to stay home to see one of their shows. Monte Rock III. We went to a party in his honor after the show and Alan Price was there with him. Matching shirts! Edwin Starr. Fercrissakes he gave us an anthem. I believe he stole my rubber gorilla off the top of my amp, too.

There are hundreds of these acts and so many more that I don't remember. Something will bring a new one to the front of my mind every now and then. Oh yeah, here's one: M.G. Greaves. I did a show with him in Hull. What a star! What a writer!

I'll get back to you with more of them. Pray for peace in the meantime.


No comments:

Post a Comment