Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Measure Once, Right?

Throughout my life I suppose that I have remained almost willfully oblivious to actions that would have major impact on my life. I have given more thought to quitting a band than ending a relationship. I've spent more time fretting about the color of a new car than I have put into big career decisions. I like to think that I've had other folks' well being in mind as I've blundered through but that is probably just an attempt at avoiding guilt. I can surely glance in my rearview mirror and see that I've left major pileups behind me.

Now, here I am. This is it. Existence. Oh, I suppose I can walk the dog. I could have another cup of coffee and walk her later. Maybe I'll go to the Y and bob around in the pool for a bit. That mulch ain't gonna move itself. There are those songs that aren't finished but what am I gonna do with them?

I seem to have a batch of love and nothing to do with it. I've got a career, if you can call it that, with no decisions to be made. Only my dog has patience to put up with me. That's alright, she's the only one who has to.

I know what it sounds like but this is not me feeling sorry for myself. Lots of folks would love to be in my situation. It's just weird. I guess I always assumed that some zen existence was something that you sought out and pieced together. Never occurred to me that it might just show up at the door one day.


No comments:

Post a Comment