Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Somebody Invented It

Makes me chuckle to hear kids ragging on Mumford and Sons. Heck, we all know that Uncle Tupelo invented country music, right? Wait a minute. These guys with the silver ponytails are over here are puffing up, defending the Byrds and Gram Parsons. Everybody knows that they put the drawl in rock'n'roll. Now when I was growing up in Birmingham there was only one kind of music and Hank Williams played it the best and if you turned on the radio and let the tubes warm up, Hank would sing it for you. I didn't find Jimmie Rodgers until later. He was gone and out of fashion by my time.

I don't know. Maybe somebody is at the front of the line. I don't care. We could go through the same exercise for rock'n'roll or jazz or blues. Can't we just all get along?


No comments:

Post a Comment