Tuesday, October 2, 2012

My Time

Knowing that the planet is skipping along and that our world culture is changing more quickly than ever it's hard to get a steady eye on where we sit. Are we getting smarter? Hard to say. Seems that we would have ended war a long time ago if we were smart at all.

Do we work less, love more? Doesn't seem like it. There are no more fenders to be bolted on to Buicks by hourly wage earners and yet we spend more of our precious time "at work." That's for the fortunate ones who have jobs.

We live longer but we're not getting healthier. Bigger but not healthier.

Bucky Fuller said that all of the necessary work could be done by 15 or 20 per cent of the population. That would leave the rest of us with all the time to do what we're meant to do; study and learn. I would add love and help to the equation. I sometimes feel gloriously out of step. I study. I just don't learn much. I love and I'm available to help.

Will Work For Love


No comments:

Post a Comment