Saturday, June 15, 2024

A Sinking Ship





I've never understood why the captain or anyone else would go down with a ship, rats included. Now I find myself feeling almost guilty about abandoning the good ol' US of A during these dark hours. It breaks my heart to see the divisions that seem to grow deeper by the day. 

Oh, I've been around for long enough so that I remember other dark days. When those four little girls died at the 16th Street Baptist Church in Birmingham, I was sixteen years old. Two months later President Kennedy was taken from us.

Somehow, these dark days seem to represent something more ominous, if that's even possible.

I have a lot of friends who assume that I left the USA because of the turmoil. Of course those around me know that true love brought me to a new home. 

None of us are helpless. It's not about politics or religion, taxes or taste. It's about love. Do your part, then do some more. Smother that hate with all the love you've got on you.





 

2 comments: