Sunday, April 7, 2024

Put The Squeeze On Verlin



Some days it don't pay to get up. What do you suppose snake handlers do on their day off? Boys, I've got better things to do than....

Wait a minute! No, I don't. I don't have a single thing to do. Oh, I could write a song. I could cut the grass. We all know that there are too many songs in the world as it is and I've written more than my fair share. The grass? I don't need to tell you that it will grow right back.

The Christian work ethic was a cruel hoax. I hope I may serve as a bad example to a few of you aspiring layabouts and ne'er-do-wells. Celebrate with me. Tell 'em you're meditating or something.

Give us peace on earth and end this dreadful, dreadful war.





 

1 comment:

  1. I don't mow the lawn until those big tufts here and there grow together and become A Lawn. Or my neighbors start putting out their bets on whether I'll cut it before 4th of July. A couple have put their kids through Real Estate College on the winnings.

    ReplyDelete