Thursday, December 21, 2023

Not Born To The Manner




Yeah, I grew up with them. I don't have anything against them but I was never gonna be one of them. Oh, I suppose I could have joined the right clubs and worn the right clothes and combed my hair properly. My single mom scraped by and did without to make sure that I had everything. We lived in the right part of town, in the right school district because she wanted me to have every opportunity. You know- to be somebody. 

Honestly, I had no idea that I was ever rebelling against anything. I just knew that I wanted to be Little Richard in a Jimmy Stewart world.

Well, sir, I seem to have wound up Ronny Elliott in a Donald Trump world. There's an ocean between me and Old Glory and true love in the future as far as the eye can see.

Give us peace on earth and end this dreadful, dreadful war.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment