Friday, November 8, 2019

My Own Bed






Now, I am aware, of course, that every generation leaves something of a mess for the ones coming behind them. Still, I can't help but feel tremendous empathy for Generation X, the Millennials, Generation Z, and the ones not yet burdened with a demeaning tag.

We know better. We were gonna make love, not war.

Oh, we have plenty of the good ones. They just don't make the rules.

We know what the consequence of burning down the Amazon forest will be.

In this country we spend vast fortunes building airplanes longer than football fields that we can strap atomic bombs to. To insure peace, you understand. We laugh at the lady who suggests that we could afford healthcare for all of our citizens. Meanwhile, we have slipped to #33 for infant mortality.

We're 33, we're 33! U.S.A! U.S.A!

For my part and on my own behalf, I am truly sorry. 

It seems hypocritical to offer advice. Here goes- Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Try, always, to get back to love. Be kind.




No comments:

Post a Comment