Saturday, February 17, 2018

All These Greens and Some Blues






Be leery of the leader with all the answers. The real scientist has a deeper understanding of god than many men of the cloth. The true seeker is always aware that the truth is in the mystery. In some ways god is a moving target. Here's a tip- don't mail money to anyone who tells you who god is and what god wants.

Me? All I want is to save the world. Maybe I should have set my goals more modestly. Let's be honest here, I wasn't blessed with all that many skills for this role. I figure that it's like catching a chameleon. I can't be obvious about it. I have to sneak up on it, if you know what I mean.

If you haven't given up on this claptrap already, you're probably asking yourself, " What the heck do you plan on saving the world from?"

Well, sir, to start with, if you're talking to yourself, don't end your sentences with prepositions.

My ambition is to ease suffering, stop war, end intolerance, provide love. I want to make sure that hungry people are fed and that sick people are cared for. I'm anxious to nurture the planet and all the non-human inhabitants, too.

Funny thing is most of the people in my life have accused me of having no ambition. Some of them would be happy if I would just tune my guitar. Clean up my yard. Tuck in my shirt.

As I check the New York Times this morning I'm reminded that my progress is shaky and I'm aware that the clock is ticking. I notice, too, that I end sentences with prepositions.

I'll tell you this, though- I love with all my heart just as hard as I can.






1 comment:

  1. Amazing post! I've progressively turn out to be enthusiast of the post as well as want to recommend placing a few brand new improvements to create this far better. self priming trash pump

    ReplyDelete