Monday, October 9, 2017

All The Money In The World






Missed opportunities? Dying young? Nose to some grindstone?  

From the outside it was dark. Threatening to most parents. My single mom brought me Little Richard records. She took me to see my heroes. I should mention that most of them were colored. I should mention, too, that most of them are still my heroes.

They called it rock'n'roll. It was love.

Of course it was appropriated by "business men." I just call them crooks. I'm including Alan Freed who claimed to the end that he had coined the term, rock'n'roll. If you believe that I've got a Pat Boone 45 to sell you. Prime the pump, indeed. I remember Mr. Freed's Top Ten Rock'n'Roller list for 1956. Seemed odd to me that Elvis wasn't on the list. Still seems odd.

Don't get me started about DICK Clark!

We're divided again and it's scary out there. We're losing heroes but we've got replacements coming. Come on, rock'n'roll, save us again.




1 comment:

  1. When Freed came with his hand out, The Colonel probably told him that his boy was already famous WITHOUT Alan Freed. They didn't need no stinkin' Alan Freed.

    ReplyDelete