Friday, March 10, 2017

Time and Records Warp






She was smarter than the other girls, stronger than the boys. She was beautiful in every way. She was funny and she was kind. I'll never know what drew her to me. Everything about growing up finally pulled us apart.

Years and then decades passed. We would only hear from each other through high school friends.

Then, out of the blue, she visited.

"Are you happy?"

As usual we were communicating on separate planes. She could see that I wasn't living the life that I was built for.

She took her life a few weeks later.

I don't know that I'm happy now. I am living the life that I was built for. It's getting late. I may not save the world. I won't stop trying.

Give us peace on earth and end this dreadful, dreadful war.




No comments:

Post a Comment