Monday, September 5, 2016

Don't Turn Around


All of the elements are available for some pity here. I've always been adequate at feeling sorry for myself. Now I've been under the weather for over a week and here I am alone on a holiday weekend with nothing to do. Oh, I could go up and blow the leaves off the roof. I could do some yard work or finish some songs. The dog could use a bath.

Seismic shifts in the belfry have left me changed. Answers haven't appeared. No apples have hit me on the noggin. While I have been staring at a tiny screen that plays rock'n'roll, romance and drama, ad nauseam, real stuff has surrounded me.

Now the rock'n'roll is sweeter and it's all romance and drama. I'm just on the ride. There's real life and there's cable news. It all flows through me. Yeah, my blood is still too red. It's alright.



No comments:

Post a Comment