Friday, May 13, 2016

Nashville Chamber Of Commerce


Well, all of my favorite television shows have ended. All except Nashville. Oh, I hate the music part. Let me back up. I don't hate all the music and I think those two young sisters are magnificent. What keeps me home on Wednesday nights, though, is the melodrama. It's a soap opera and a fine one at that.

Those characters worrying about getting "cuts" and fretting about airplay embarrass me and remind me of everything that I dislike about the music business. 

Sour grapes? Maybe. Probably. 

Art and commerce don't make good bedfellows as far as I'm concerned. Never have. Never will. I know as much about brain surgery as I do hit records. 

I like Nashville. Reminds me of Tampa.


                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment