Thursday, April 28, 2016

Learning To Burn



If only we could all start over. Is it any wonder that so many cultures revolve around the concept of reincarnation? When you look at the innocence of an infant, the joy of a puppy, the sheer exuberance of a baby goat- everything seems fresh, tinged with promise.

Over time I seem to have developed a real appreciation for rust. Marble seems more interesting and beautiful with chips and a running crack. We've all learned from flipping past Antiques Roadshow that you don't destroy the patina on the Tiffany lamp shade by polishing the bronze! Young lawyers will pay big money to have the custom shop at Fender beat the hell out of the new Stratocaster so that they won't have to do it themselves.

My role models will forever be the children. Any regrets that I drag through life revolve around fear and hurt. I'm one of the lucky ones. I've had more love and kindness in my life than seems possible. Stuff? Well, I've always had more than I need even if it hasn't always felt like it at the time. There have been periods where I've had to beat up my own guitars.

Like you, I'm here for love. Most of us admit that up through the first or second week of kindergarten. I didn't go to kindergarten.

Tough guys get hearts tattooed on their biceps and love hard.


                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment