Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Over It?

As a kid, I loved playing with thermometers. Remember, those little ones that were attached to small cardboard calendars. Any time one would show up around the house I would immediately take possession and tear the little bulb off the paper. Then I would crack the tube and roll the mercury around. I have a distinct memory of putting the little blobs in my mouth to see what would happen. Well, I guess we can see what happened. Any point in mentioning that I stuck screwdrivers into electrical outlets and put tin foil on my fillings? No, I suppose not.

They taught me right from wrong and I was surrounded by love. Warm, real love. I learned to tell the truth and I was shown the horrors of war.

Nobody ever showed me how to fall out of love.


No comments:

Post a Comment