Tuesday, January 20, 2015

All Love, All Peace

The beauty and the peace all around me overwhelms my senses. Recently a friend opined, "You're not bipolar. You're not depressed. You're just too sensitive."

It wasn't meant as any kind of compliment. I understand. Consciously I choose to dwell on the positive. Oh, that I could work to help make the world a better place while keeping my mind on all that is good.

It's not in my nature, though. Jamaica and I passed an abandoned dog on the street yesterday. He had mange and a bad eye. The fear in his one good eye will be my focus for a long time. A very long time. I don't want to get al anthropomorphic on you but it sure seems to have knocked Jamaica for a loop, too.

Without wasting your time and mine worrying about whether or not I had any options to help the poor boy out, let me say that my point is really this. There's not enough that I can do to help all the creatures who need help.

As I've said before, I've been to Cuba. I look forward to going again. Peace between this country and our beautiful neighbor seems possible once again. Nobody told me about the dogs, though. Nobody mentioned the dogs.

There is, of course, no way to undo any unkind act. I hope to eventually have the opportunity to make up for all of mine with love.


No comments:

Post a Comment