Friday, November 16, 2012

Holidays

So far I have three kind offers for Thanksgiving. I'm well aware that sympathy is driving some of this. So what? I'm really lucky to have some folks around who think of me and my well being. Being alone beats sharing heartbreak with someone else.

I've just run across some old video footage of years past. As I add up loss and failure I'm reminded of how much I have loved and how thankful I am for the people who have come through my life. This will be my first Thanksgiving and Christmas without my mom and, of course, that's a big deal. When I reminisce about the folks that I have chosen to be in my life I am grateful. I still love everyone that I have shared my life with. I am thankful for every beautiful person who has graced my path.



2 comments:

  1. You are a lucky man. Why? Because you know you are a lucky man. You see the light through the darkness. The hope through the despair. The love through the hatred. How cool is that!
    When I sit down for dinner Thursday. Your Mother and you will be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm not going to wish you a happy Thanksgiving Ronny. It wouldn't seem appropriate. I'll just say. I hope you and whoever you have dinner with has a wonderful meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did and thanks. I'm looking forward to it. Hope you have great holidays, too.

    ReplyDelete