Sunday, August 16, 2020

The Lobster's Revenge

 



Turns out I'm not a bad cook. Who knew? 

Not only have I never put my nose to any grindstone, I don't have a single regret about it. Bumbling through life has provided for every need and kept me considering all possibilities over a really long haul. Oh, I wish I had been more patient, more understanding. 

The real mystery, to me, is just how lucky I've been.

Hey, I ate mercury right from the thermometer and rode my bike in the DDT cloud behind the mosquito truck. 

Now cardinals bring me greetings from the ones I've lost and cicadas provide Om. It occurs to me, at last, that one person can't fight. It's not my job to convince anyone of anything. Nobody ever had to work at love. You just don't get in its way.






No comments:

Post a Comment